Monday, February 15, 2016

The Muse Party Blogfest

Hey everyone. Today me and one of my characters/muses will be heading to a muse party for a blogfest.


The rules are simple: 

I have to bring a muse/character to an (Anti-) Valentine's Day party. It can be the same one as before (last year), but it doesn't have to be. 

And then we have to answer the following questions: 

1. Who did you bring to the party? Is he/she your Valentine or anti-Valentine?
2. Which one of you is the more romantic person?
3. What gift are you giving to your (anti) Valentine?
4. Are you guys wearing red or pink (or black...)?
5. Did you bring any Valentine's Day treats?
6. Name a song for our Love Playlist or Anti-Love Playlist (or both)!
7. Got a great anti/Valentine party game?
8. Feeling the love or just feeling nauseous? How will you have fun at the party?
9. Has your muse been a good Valentine?

To see who else is taking part and to sign up, please click here.


So those are the rules, but I'm going to make the thing my own a bit.

Misha: *Pacing as she waits. A little nervous because she arranged with Nick at the last possible moment.*
Nick: *Stops his car next to her and gets out, running his hand through his slightly disheveled blond hair.* Sorry I'm late. Had to get these... *Ducks in and pulls out a bouquet of roses.*
Misha: *Grins and takes them.* Thanks so much for stepping up.
Nick: No problem. You owe me a packet of-
Misha: *Takes a box of Cuban Cigars out of her purse.*
Nick: I love you.
Misha: *laughs as she hands it over.* Hey! You put on red. Didn't think you would.
Nick: *Glances at his shirt* Yeah... not a fan of the color, but hey, I'm supposed to be above politics. *Looks her over, his blue eyes dancing with mirth.* Darrion will kick himself if he finds out you wore a pink dress.
Misha: Yep. And it's unlikely that anyone will see me in it again. Being Valentines and all. Usually I just avoid these things.
Nick: So what's his problem anyway?
Misha: Oh, you know. The usual "You should be prioritizing my story"... thing.
Nick: Ah. Shall we? *Guides her around the car and opens the door for her.*
Misha: *Little smile at the old-world chivalry. Settles in while he gets behind the wheel.* Who do you think is more romantic between the two of us?
Nick: *Driving them to the party* You.
Misha: No... I think it's you.
Nick: Misha. You're the one who writes romances.
Misha: And you're the one who've been in love with one woman for about 500 years.
Nick: *scowls* Not the same.
Misha: Oh?
Nick: Nothing romantic about that. Trust me.
Misha: Okay... *Sensing that this probably isn't the best topic to continue on.* We're supposed to pick a Valentines Day game.
Nick: Spin the bottle.
Misha: *Laughs!* No. Too awkward.
Nick: *Sing-song voice* I brought vodka...
Misha: Yum. But... no. *Can just imagine the party sinking into chaos thanks to vodka and spin the bottle.*
Nick: We'll leave it as an option.
Misha: *Laughs and just shakes her head.* Okay... You dance, right?
Nick: *Snorts* Better than most mortals. Got plenty of practice.
Misha: You got a song for us to dance on?
Nick: Nah you decide. Pick a song you write those romance scenes to.
Misha: Okay... Flightless Bird, American Mouth. It makes me think of you.
Nick: *Long-suffering sigh* What are you bringing to the party?
Misha: You brought the ingredients I asked for?
Nick: Yep. In the back.
Misha: We're going a bit early so I can make us chocolate fondants. Nothing more Valentine's Day than that.
Nick: *grins* Sexy.
Misha: *gives his head a playful shove.* Stop.
Nick: But it's true! Trust me, when you spend most of your life hungry, watching someone cook is amazing.
Misha: *chortles* You better behave.
Nick: *rolls his eyes* Of course. I'll be the best behaved Valentine you've ever had.


Oh dear. Somehow, I'm not feeling all that reassured. Think he'll be a good Valentine or will all the romance bring out the little devil in him?

19 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Nick! I love Nick!

    Great interpretation on the Q&A. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Nick sounds like a good Valentine :)
    I agree, spin the bottle could be disastrous. Especially with vodka involved. Under no circumstances do we let Jordan drink alcohol OR be in charge of spin the bottle...
    Thanks for coming to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go for the devilment. Makes life (and stories) so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grinning, I liked Nick too and vote for devilment, lol.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least it's not likely that much of the chocolate will survive. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, kind of sound like Misha has a crush on Nick... Cuban's say it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Nick sounds like a great valentine! He seems like a true gentleman. He's immortal? He should talk to my muse at the party - Jari isn't immortal, but he does have some cool otherworldly powers. Hope you guys have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Nick have a great relationship. I saw Bish's comment and I have to say that I may have a crush on him too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will Scarlet mutters, "And just when you think you're a shoo-in for the sexiest immortal at the party, this Nick guy shows up."
    Don't be bitter.
    "Who's bitter? I'm hoping my vodka bottle spin lands on him!"
    Even after what he said about red?
    "...Okay, do you /want/ me upset?"
    No, no. Forget I said anything. *buttons lips*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cuban cigars, heh? That's quite a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you haven't even arrived yet and he's causing trouble, eh? Spin the bottle is a popular suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huh. Nick, the Captain, and Rachel Pattinson's Viking all in the same room. Suddenly, this fun little muse party begins to sound downright dangerous. **edges toward fire extinguisher.**

    ReplyDelete
  13. This party gets better and better!

    Vodka and spin the bottle!

    WOO HOO!

    Great post.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nick is such a gentleman. I would pick the song 'Take my Breath Away' by Berlin. I'm sure he is an excellent dancer. Misha this was a delightful read thanks for joining the party. Oh and I love that Nick was quick enough to pass on Huntress's treats on my Roe post. Trust me, you did the right thing.

    My post Roe's Musefest .

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was fun to read! And a man that brings red roses...aww. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the song suggested. Really nice :)

    I think spin the bottle is more of a ... fictional thing. I've never seen it work to any sort of entertainment in real life haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a bit late in getting around to the Party posts, but just wanted to let you know that this was an awesome interpretation to the questions! Nick seems to be a handful, but a delightful one :) Cheers! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad that cyber-parties linger where you can still see them, even five days late. Really enjoyed your dialogue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.