Tuesday, March 5, 2013

News Day: February Results Edition

Hey all! Welcome to this Month's Results post.

Word Master Challenge


Before we get to what I think everyone really wants to know, I just want to write a quick note about the Word Master Challenge. I think I gave people too little time to enter this time around (only two weeks) and it is a rather more challenging theme, so I decided to postpone the deadline to 31 March. If you don't know what the Challenge is about, please go check it out. The entry is 300 words or less and you have a month to enter.

The winner gets to pick between a $10 e-voucher, a crit on the first 10 chapters and (because I now discover I love doing these) a query crit. Interested? Get writing, lovelies!

Right, now to the BIG news.

Paying Forward Awards


Thank you to each and every one of you who sponsored, nominated or voted for the awards. You all made it twice the size it had been in January. Which makes you all amazing people.

Now. Before I announce the winners, I just want to do a recap of how the prize claims work. Winners must contact me at mishagericke(AT)gmail(DOT)com with either "I came first" or "I came second". I will then assign prizes on First places, First come first served basis. In other words. First prize winners get priority in the order that they contact me, followed by second prize winners in order that they contact me. I then assign prizes according to what people want most, second most etc. until all prizes have been assigned. First place winners who don't contact me within a week will forfeit their place to the second place winners.

Okay!

And the winners are:

Best Commenter

Giver of Best Writing Advice

Most Supportive/Helpful Blogger

Sweetest Blogger

Unpublished Blogger with Awesome Writing Style

Published Blogger with Awesome Writing Style

Most Useful Blog

Congrats to you all! You definitely deserve some kudos!

Paying Forward Awards March


Before you go, I just want to appeal to your heart. The Awards are growing and crawling into people's hearts, but for me to keep it going I need your help.

If there's anything you'd like to give away to make someone's day, please become a sponsor for the month. I give you special mention when I open nominations and we can even arrange a guest post in return. Literally anything is welcome. From your e-book to crits, to vouchers, to beta reads and anything in between. Anything you think someone else would like.

If you'd like to help, please contact me at mishagericke(AT)gmail(DOT)com with "Paying Forward" in the subject line. Thank you in advance!

36 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners!! Way to go guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners...all well deserved and I see some great blogs in the winner's circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wins? Whoa! Thanks Misha - and everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome winners again this month! Congratulations to all of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, this is super awesome! Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to the people who voted for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Misha! Such an honor to be on a list with such great writers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww... so nice, Misha! I needed a boost today. :) It's such a privilege to know all these awesome bloggers. It really is an amazing community. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the winners, excellent folks you have up there that certainly deserve the recognition! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Misha,

    Hearty congrats to all those worthy winners. They inspire me to try even harder as I still work discreetly in the background of a sharing, caring blogging community.

    Be well, Misha and happy writing.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winners! Woot!

    I'd be happy to contribute to March's booty if needed. :) Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous collection of folks! Congrats to all. (Mooderino is my writing crutch, btw. :)

    Bah, I totally intended to email you last time about sponsoring--been so freaking busy it just got buried on my to-do. Finally catching up though, and will send you the note ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the winners! I'm going to have to check some of these blogs out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW,

    I am so honored. Thanks everyone! Thanks Misha and CONGRATS to ALL the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woot! Thanks so much, Misha! Looking forward to checking out the blogs that are new to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, wouldn't you shiver me timbers (as they say in our house full of wee little lads:)

    Thanks for the recognition and for voting and coming in second to Alex is really cool :)

    (Whips out ream of single-spaced paper...)

    I have a small speech and I'd like to first thank Misha, the voters, my director an-
    ...PLEASE DEPOSIT 25 CENTS FOR ANOTHER THREE LINES...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! You know, I love the categories. They have me thinking--the dangerous kind--that defining yourself uniquely on the web is probably the best thing you can do. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to all the winners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to the winners, what an awesome bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great batch of bloggers! Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much from Ruth Harris and me for the lovely honor. Congrats to all the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic bunch of winners. So nice to get recognition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome and congrats to all the winners!!! :)

    -Theresa M. Jones

    ReplyDelete
  24. Big congrats to all, winners and nominees alike!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That was so sweet. Thanks for hosting these, Misha. You are a doll. This community is awesome. I'm honored to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats to all of the winners, and the nominees as well!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats to the winners! Sorry I'm so late commenting, but those are some really fantastic blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats to everyone! Love this whole idea, Misha. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats to everyone! Thanks for hosting, Misha!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks very much for the nod. Greatly appreciated.

    cheers,
    mood

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great job everyone! Well done Misha!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations to all of the Winners, especially Michael. Running second to you is reward enough!!

    And thanks for coordinating all this Misha!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations to all the winning bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.